Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ecuador Journal

I'm already getting nervous about going to Ecuador.

At first, this was definitely something exciting for me, and my reasoning for going will not change. I've got a lot of anticipation and excitement in my heart. I can't wait to get there to be forced into speaking Spanish and getting to know the culture like I'll never get another chance to do.

But going through this Ecuador prep class and being assigned to watch their newsfeeds is causing some worries. I know I probably shouldn't be so shaken. After all - their news is hardly worse than ours. But what I'm most worried about is getting into a conversation with my Host Family that might offend them or something.

Normally, I steer clear of politics. I can't stand talking about it because if I know I do, I know I'll never have enough information to back up my thoughts, and even then, I'm not a very good arguer. I'm a good (excuse me) Bull-shitter, but debating was never on my list of strengths. I don't WANT to talk politics with anyone. I just want to be left to my own devices when it comes to that.

Well, Here's to hoping my family isn't a bunch of Political fanatics, because then we'll never get to speak. And that would suck.

_______________________________________________

On another note, my bike is being messed with, and I'm on 24 hour surveillance till I catch the asshole who's messed up my chain and keeps changing my seat height, speed, and tension. His ass is paying for a new chain, and somehow he's going to get punished for being an ass. I've already informed the school that someone is messing with it, but I can't figure out who it is. I have the HUGEST temptation to walk up to him and punch his fat lights out, but I know that I need to keep some kind of grace about this. If I punch him, I'll just be stooping to his disgusting level, and I'm not prepared to do that.

No comments: